Friday 25 May 2012

Portmore Empire is of No More

Soo.... Apperently Kartel is set to disband "Portmore Empire" with the following statement from Adidja Vybz Kartel Palmer

Dancehall fans worldwide, it with great regret that I, Adidja Palmer have decided to disband the Portmore Empire. These artistes have been under the Adidjahiem leadership for years, where they have honed their craft and made their mark, and as such, are well on their way to becoming major forces in Dancehall. They have reached a level where they are more capable to take on their careers by themselves, and it would be unfair to them, based on the limited resources of Adidjahiem Records, and current legal woes of the Adidjahiem C.E.O. and team members.
I wish them the best and I am confident that they will live up to my expectations. In the future, Adidjahiem will continue to bring out new acts and groom them for stardom.

Tommy Lee and Gaza Slim are ment to be moving on into a fairly new group PG13. However former member "Sheba" claims she had to find out through broadcast on BlackBerry Messenger and wasnt personaly informed of this decision/

"I was not personally informed about this. Mi just wake up and see a broadcast message about it and a wonder if a true, but since THE STAR a call me, it look like a true, den,"

"Him nuh send no message wid him lawyer fi say nutten bout it, but a still music, me say. I want to thank him for a great run - it's been three years. To be honest, this news kinda shock me - is a sudden surprise. It’s not something that was discussed with me.”

Lisa Hype also claims that she learned alot from Kartel and the portmore empire.

"I was there from the beginning, and I got the chance to learn a lot of things while in the Portmore Empire that could help me out with my career today. From they remanded him, some of the others should have been trying to work on their craft so even if he doesn't come back very soon, they can still manage on their own,” she said.
“Empire taught me to fight fi what yuh believe in and him is a man weh him like fi see yuh a do things. So as a female, yuh haffi think like a man but act like a woman."

Fellow former member, Doza Medicine, who’s now a part of L.A. Lewis’ Gaza Federation said that he understood Kartel’s reasoning for the decision while also crediting his experiences with the group for molding his career.

"I understand what Vybz Kartel is saying. he is away and can't really push their careers the way he could have if he was out. Vybz Kartel is a man like this ... when it becomes too much for him, he will just let it go. I figure more or less that is what is happening. But still, to be one of the original members, it's good to know that the whole world was saying Gaza, something I help to build."

No comments:

Post a Comment